You may be eligible for payment if you or your company made a qualifying direct purchase of one or more Li-Ion Cells, Li-Ion Batteries and/or Li-Ion Products from one or more of the Defendants, or any division, subsidiary, or affiliate thereof, between January 1, 2000 through May 31, 2011. To receive payment, a Proof of Claim form must be completed and returned by Class Members who seek payment from the settlements. It must be postmarked or submitted online no later than April 26, 2018. If you fail to meet the deadline or do not return the Proof of Claim form to the correct address, your claim may be rejected and you may be precluded from any recovery from the settlements.
All inquiries regarding your claim should be made in writing to the Settlement Administrator. Class Members who did not timely and validly request exclusion from the settlement classes will be bound by the judgements entered by the Court, regardless of whether they submit a Proof of Claim form.
Before you get started, please refer to the following information and definitions below and in Part III of the Proof of Claim form before completing your Proof of Claim online.
- “Lithium Ion Batteries” are cylindrical, prismatic, or polymer batteries that are rechargeable and use lithium ion technology. Lithium Ion Batteries are used in many consumer products, such as notebook computers, cellular phones, digital cameras, camcorders, power tools, and other devices.
- “Lithium Ion Battery Cells” are the main components of Lithium Ion Batteries. A cell includes the cathode, anode, and electrolyte. Individual or multiple cells are assembled or “packed” inside an enclosure. In some cases, certain protection circuitry is also added inside the enclosure. The assembled product, which is referred to as the “battery,” “pack,” or “module,” is placed inside a device to supply power. Global independent safety standards in place throughout the Class Period require Lithium Ion Battery Cells and Lithium Ion Batteries to be marked with each manufacturer’s name, trade name, or trademark and model designation.
- “Lithium Ion Battery Products” are products manufactured, marketed, and/or sold by Defendants, their divisions, subsidiaries, or affiliates that contain one or more Lithium Ion Battery Cells manufactured by Defendants. Lithium Ion Battery Products include notebook computers, cellular (mobile) phones, digital cameras, camcorders, power tools, and other devices.
- Supporting Documentation - You DO NOT need to upload/attach any documentation to support your claim at this time. However, you must keep copies of your purchase order(s), invoice(s), or other documentation of your purchase(s) in case verification of your claim is necessary.
- Proof of Authority - If the contact person is not employed by the claimant, please provide proof of authority to act on claimant’s behalf. Please have this ready before you start your online Proof of Claim form. If you are filing by mail, please include a clear, readable copy. Original documents will not be returned.
If you would like to file your claim by mail, Proof of Claim Forms may be downloaded here, by calling 1-844-778-5952, or by writing to the Settlement Administrator at the address below. Please review the form carefully, and fill it out as accurately as possible. Then mail the Proof of Claim form so that it is postmarked by April 26, 2018 to:
In re Lithium Ion Batteries Antitrust Litigation
P.O. Box 4098
Portland, OR 97208-4098.